Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Letter from Catherine Creek State Park

8-30-2009

Dear Burns Family and Stayton Christian School,

Well, I am 476 miles and 8 days into the Tour de Faith.

I hope that the pictures that I have taken are able to give you some sense of what I have seen. Lots of country and both forest and wide open spaces. I hope to go to a WalMart and have another cd made and will send it as soon as possible. I now have the camera 80% figured out so the batteries won't run down as fast and you will have more pictures.

This is Oregon's 150th anniversary as a State so it seems appropriate that I am touring so much of it.

The other day I was in Hermiston and one of the people that I stayed with said that the potato plant that processes potato's handles 1,000,000 lbs of potatoes per day. That is a lot of potatoes. Oregon agriculture is really a big business. We should all pray that the farmers and ranchers can make it through these hard economic times. (See attached picture of Larry Grames & Dan Brammer, friends that hosted Poppa J for two nights)

May the Lord Bless you all!

Poppa J

(Poppa J had some technical problems with the first two cds of photos that were sent. Keep an eye out for more pictures as they come in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment